The International Kriegsspiel Society officially endorses the Derby House Principles for inclusion and diversity in professional wargaming in their current version. The IKS declares to support the goals of the Derby House Principles and commit to inclusion and diversity, to stand against discrimination and inequality, to encourage underrepresented groups to participate, play, become umpires and take leading roles within our community, as well as in the wargaming community in general.
THE DERBY HOUSE PRINCIPLES
We believe that promoting diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do.
Diversity and inclusion are more than just words for us. They are the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we will build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a community that supports everyone in it. No one should ever feel excluded or less welcome because of gender, ethnicity, religion, disability, or background. Experience and social science have shown that diversity can generate better results, in analysis, insight, and professional decision-making.
As professional gamers we are committed to the Derby House Principles:
- Promoting inclusion and diversity in professional wargaming, through the standards we set, the opportunities we offer, and access to activities we organise.
- Making clear our opposition to sexism, racism, homophobia, and other forms of discrimination across the board, as well as in wargaming.
- Encouraging a greater role and higher profile for colleagues from underrepresented groups in our professional activities.
- Seeking out and listening to the concerns and suggestions of our colleagues as to how our commitment to diversity and inclusion could be enhanced.
- Demonstrating our commitment to diversity and inclusion through ongoing assessment of progress made and discussion of future steps.